Congratulations on your wedding! So now you are looking for a DJ/sound system for your wedding? We offer a range of audio services and sound systems that can accommodate the needs of any wedding. Many small to mid-sized weddings use one of our PA systems for their sound system. Larger weddings or weddings with bands often use one of our live sound audio packages with sound engineer services, instead. Regardless of your wedding’s size and scope, we are committed to providing the best value to you by using only high-quality equipment and professional technicians and musicians.
PA Systems for Wedding Ceremonies: Your wedding ceremony will need microphones for the bride, groom, and the Minister. You may also need to play music before and after the ceremony. Depending on your specific ceremony’s needs and number of guests, the venue location, etc.. will determine the fees.
Wedding Receptions: While the ceremony may be the main event of the wedding, the reception is where you’ll celebrate it. When choosing your PA system for your reception, there are a few main things to consider. How many people will you have in attendance? Will you have a live band or performer? Will your wedding be outdoors or indoors? The answers to these questions will help us determine which of our PA packages is the perfect fit for your reception.
For receptions with bands or live sound needs, we offer live sound audio packages with professional audio technician services. We offer a different lineup of packages for bands because they require additional microphones, monitors, and extra cables that exceed what is normally found in a PA system. If you will be having a band playing at your wedding, please contact us to ensure that you are getting the best sound system for your band. If, you need a band/Turntablist/Artist.. let us know, we can find a professional band/Turntablist/Artist to meet your needs.
Wedding reception DJ/sound engineer plan starts at $850.00. This includes Lights, Fog (if authorized by the venue), lasers, Gobo, PA for wedding ceremony/reception, wireless microphone (for toasts and speeches), and a JBL- PRX 400 series professional sound system with 15" woofer- mains/monitor(s) and 18" sub woofer(s), for the duration of the event, including dinner and cocktail hour, and up to 350 guests. This should suffice for the majority of wedding receptions. if, you have a larger guest list, or need something else, please let us know. We can give you a free estimate. We specialize in "Live" entertainment.
If your event requires additional sound systems, then that would be an additional fee of $350.00 per additional sound system required, though this is a starting price. It may be more depending on the sound system's configuration requirements.
If payment(s) are made within 30 days of wedding date, then payments are non-refundable.
Note: Our most popular wedding package includes the addition of venue uplighting, our popular "RSS Studio" Karaoke, and Photobooth for $1,475.00
Event Coordinator/Wedding Planner Services - Starting at $200.00
A personal note regarding wedding DJ's:
The price of your DJ service is affected by many variables. First, the most experienced "performers" are generally higher priced because they provide better service. That's because they've been doing it long enough to know what, where, when, how... you get the idea. If they're still around after a few years... there's a reason for it.
Location isn't as important as you'd think. Most professionals are now networking with each other (Wedding Wire is a good example of that) and prices are grouped based on the following factors:
1) Amount of equipment required by the customer. Bigger systems require higher fees. I'll explain in a minute what you should look for.
2) Experience or skill is very important. Sure, you can get a $300 - $400 DJ, but "generally", they are new to the profession or amateurs, and are doing it as a hobby. The cheaper DJ's have cheaper gear and as a result, don't provide the level of service and quality that a real pro provides. You might say, "well, who cares as long as they play music"? Well, from a technical point, there's a lot more to it than just playing music.
3) The higher priced DJ's have high tech lighting and know how to use it to it's maximum performance. DMX intelligent lighting for example. That's the same stuff you see on "American Idol" and "America has Talent". It's moving color, setting effects, and professional gear that is used at national concerts.
So, your question about how much...
Very basic DJ's with minimal experience and adequate gear will charge in the neighborhood of $300 - $400, which should include at least two speakers and a few basic lights or a mirror ball and a few "blinky" lights. The music library will probably be illegal and not very extensive, and may play a few requests. He may not be able to "read" the crowd and the party may end earlier than you'd like, and it should be an "OK" experience for the money for typically 5 hours.
4) A good DJ will have a superior sound system, several years of experience, several good quality lights and the ability to read the crowd, and play the right music at the right time. He will have good MC skills and not over use the microphone. This should cost on average between $600 and $900.
5) A great DJ will have at least a four speaker sound system with enough power to fill up your reception hall, a mixer to blend the music and the skill so there is not any "dead air". There should be several nice "night club" quality lights and colors and patterns so that the crowd isn't bored with the lights after ten minutes. The music should have everyone out dancing and keep everyone excited. The tempo should rise and fall at the right pace to keep it interesting. His ability to read the crowd should be "right on" and every request should be considered carefully to see if it will "fit". This should cost between $800 and $1200.
6) A superior DJ will have many years of experience, a high quality sound system with at least four speakers and sub-woofers for hard hitting bass. His MC skills should be perfect and not over the top. He shouldn't hit on the bridesmaids, drink or smoke while on duty. He should have a concert quality lighting rig with industry standard lifts and trussing. The lighting should be computer controlled and give you the night club feel. He should be able to read the crowd so that the dance floor is full most of the night. He takes requests and puts them in the mix so they fit the mood. This should cost you $1200 to $1900
Based on what I've done over the years, my average cost is typically $850.00. I've worked for as low as $500.00 (special circumstances) and as high as $5,300.00 (with a professional turntabilist and 850 guests). The level of service is factored in to that. The more I provide, the more I charge. Quality is never sacrificed. I always perform at a superior level, but charge you only what you need for your special day!
With a studio-quality professional "Live" band playing a (3) three - hour block - you choose the music genre - add $5,200.00 (Includes written autographs and pictures). Based on Artist/band availability.
Individual artists start at $ 250.00 depending on artist. Let us know what your looking for, and we usually can accommodate your needs.
Professional wedding band: 5 piece band is $2,100.00
4 piece band is $1,750.00
Professional turntabilist add $1,350.00 (For best booking, please allow at least six months prior to wedding)
Professional "Live" band playing a (3) three - hour block - starting at $7,500.00 (depends on artist/band), includes video autographs, and written autographs for "Bride" and "Groom". Must have a minimum of six months notice - 180 days to the venue date.
If you are in need of other types of live musicians, let us know what your needs are. We have a network of musicians to choose from.
Rainier Sound Systems is pleased to offer the following discounts to a prospective client:
- Military Discount – Take 15% off of all services for active military service members, and 10% for Veterans. Must show current/valid Military ID, or DD214.
Holidays: For events on the following days: Memorial Day, July 4th, December 24 & 25, December 31 & January 1; We must add a 10% surcharge and must be invoiced for payment in full prior to the event, and is non-refundable.
Travel: We will travel to destination weddings! They all have slightly different logistics, but typically we ask for travel expenses (gas, room, etc.) Wedding example – $150 for gas, and a room (if, the distance is greater than 125 miles - one way from Seattle).
All prices Include: Travel within 125 miles of Seattle (250 miles round-trip), YOUR CUSTOMIZED PLAYLISTS, and an in-person planning meeting to go over all of your requests and details. The hours listed above are for MUSIC/MC time only. Setup, tear down or travel time are not considered to be part of the time you are booking with us.